ZNCCIA has a number of sub-sectors to deal with within the private sector, be it formal or informal ones. These are generally in three major categories, namely:-
- Agriculture, which includes livestock and fisheries.
- Trade, which includes merchandise and financial services.
RANGE OF SERVICES
- Facilitate through, inter alias the issuance of certificate of origin and any preferential treatment for good originating from Zanzibar.
- Issue bar code for produced items.
- To facilitate the participation of its members to local and international trade fairs.
- Facilitate the availability for its members.
- Collect, compile and publish materials in journals, newsletters and other media on activities of the ZNCCIA and business updates in Zanzibar at large.
- Research on socio-economic development and share and business updates in Zanzibar at large.
- To collect and disseminate business information and internationally.